Ms. Nadow's Journalism class blogs their latest articles and artwork...

Friday, January 21, 2011

An Interview with Ms. Buckman by Talia


Interview: Ms. Buckman

1. Why did you decide to become a teacher?
I decided to become a teacher because I really wanted to make a difference in the lives of children.
2. Who is the biggest inspiration in your life?
Probably my father to tell you the truth.
3. Why did you choose to major in science?
Because I’ve always been fascinated by science in general, and particularly with any of the life sciences and with chemistry.
4.   What is the most original science fair project you’ve ever seen?
It was using calcium oxide as a potential clean energy source. It was conducted by Shane Fitzgerald. It was probably the most original one.

5.   What is your favorite day of the week? Why?
Friday. The reason it is my favorite day of the week is because I get to talk to my boyfriend as long as I want to. I don’t have to go to bed at a particular time.

6.   Where do you want to travel?
Scotland, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Switzerland, any of the Scandinavian countries, Nova Scotia, Morocco, Australia, lots of places.

7.   What is your favorite children’s book?
The Giving Tree for sure. And any Sheil Silverstine.

8.   What is your favorite type of music? Why?
Well let’s see. It’s a tie actually. It’s a tie between rock, all rock and pop and country. I also like a lot of classical music and a lot of jazz music. There’s not much music that I don’t like.

9.   What is your favorite play this school has put on?
Oliver because my daughter is the lead.

10.                     What is your favorite animal? Why?
Turtles and the reason are because there are so many different species. And their behaviors intrigue me.

(Picture by Tori.)

No comments:

Post a Comment