Ms. Nadow's Journalism class blogs their latest articles and artwork...

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Interview with Mrs. Vargas by Kelley

Interview with Mrs. Vargas
1.   When you were little, what did you dream of being when you grew up?
A singer.

2.   Did you ever think of pursuing another career?
Up until I was 17 I wanted to be a singer. Then I decided that I wanted to go to college. Then I decided to be a teacher. Then I wanted to be a singer. And then I decided that I really want to be a teacher and now I’m going to graduate school.

3.   What is your favorite part of your job?
My favorite part of my job is interacting with my students and getting to know them personally and help them; to be a source of support for them.

4.   What inspired you to be a singer?
It wasn’t inspiration. It was just something I did from an early age.

5.   What is one of your favorite songs?
I don’t think I have a favorite. I have different kinds of favorites. There are my favorites to sing, and my favorites to listen to. I think that my favorite song is Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

6.   What were your favorite subjects in school?
History and English. And music because I went to a performing arts school.

7.   What inspired you to be a social studies teacher?
I love history.

8.   What is your favorite part about being a teacher in general?
I love children and I like seeing the proverbial light go on for a student to lead them to connections and I believe that education has the power to transform people.

9.   What is the best part of Academy?
I think that Academy “nurtures the whole child” and because of the focus on the arts.

10. If you could give any piece of advice to someone who wants to be a singer, what would it be?
You can’t put in what God left out. You either have it within you to sing or you don’t because singing is an abstract art. It occurs internally and is placed upon you to make that first beautiful sound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment